Institute of Health Management Research, Bangalore is an institution dedicated to improvement in standards of health through better management of health care and related programs. It seeks to accomplish this through management research, training, consultation and institutional networking from a national and global perspective.
To become a leading health management education and interdisciplinary research institution.
The IIHMR, Bangalore is a learning organization with the Core Values:
- Sharing Knowledge and Information
PROGRAM EDUCATION OBJECTIVES:
At IIHMR, Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management is designed to provide the graduate students with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude to enable them to perform as effective leaders and managers in healthcare industry”
Additionally, the program seeks to fulfill the following specific objectives:
- PEO 1: To understand concepts and techniques of modern management and their application in healthcare organizations.
- PEO 2: To develop skills in diagnosing and solving management problems.
- PEO 3: To apply the management skills in planning, building and managing healthcare organizations.
- PEO 4: To focus on strategic responsibilities for training and human resource development for healthcare delivery in urban as well as rural areas
PROGRAM OUTCOMES :
- Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
- Foster Analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based decision making.
- Ability to develop Value based Leadership ability.
- Ability to understand, analyse and communicate global, economic, legal, and ethical aspects of business.
- Ability to lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals, contributing effectively to a team environment.