Dr. Jyoti Vijay
DoJ: 8th July 2020
Dr. Jyoti Vijay has done her PhD in Food Science & Nutrition from Banasthali University.
During her PhD tenure, she has been awarded with Senior Research Fellowship from Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi. She has done MSc. (Food Science & Nutrition) from University of Rajasthan.
She has worked with All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi as Research Assistant and then with IIHMR, Jaipur as a Senior Research Officer. She has total work experience of 5+years in the field of Nutritional Research.
Dr. Vijay has expertise in assessing Nutritional status of population, Maternal and Child health, Malnutrition, Non Communicable Diseases, Micronutrients Deficiency and Supplementation and use of isotope techniques in nutritional research.
EXPERTISE (AREAS) :
Public health nutrition
Clinical nutrition research
|Pedagogical Innovation||• Practical exercises on calculation of mortality indicators, HDI, DALYs etc. , recent research articles|
Hands on exercise on PIP/AIP and other analysis matrix
Relevant videos on NHM
|Assessment Innovation||• Group presentation, report writing and Quiz |
Situation analysis, SWOT analysis, Gantt Chart, Log Frame Matrix, Decision Matrix and Project Presentation
|Digital Innovation||• Documentary Videos and topic relevant videos|
Using Digital tool for data collection
PUBLISHED JOURNAL ARTICLES / BOOKS / Chapters
- Vijay J, Sharma S, Kapil U, Bhadoria AS. Iodine deficiency during preconception period of adolescent girls residing in a district of Rajasthan state, India. Indian Journal of Community Medicine. 2020 Apr-Jun; 45(2): 215–219.
- Vijay J, Patel KK. Risk factors of infant mortality in Bangladesh. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health. 2019; 8(1) P211-P214.
- Kapil U, Prakash S, Sareen N, Bhadoria AS, Khenduja P, Nigam S, Vijay J. Status of iodine deficiency among pregnant mothers in Himachal Pradesh, India. Public Health Nutr. 2014;17(9):1971-4.
- Kapil U, Pandey RM, Kabra M, Jain V, Sareen N, Bhadoria AS, Vijay J, Nigam S, Khenduja P. Status of iodine deficiency in district Kangra, Himachal Pradesh after 60 years of salt iodization. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2013;67(8):827-8
- Kapil U, Pandey RM, Jain V, Kabra M, Sareen N, Bhadoria AS, Vijay J, Nigam S, Khenduja P. Increase in Iodine deficiency disorder due to inadequate sustainability of supply of iodized salt in District Solan, Himachal Pradesh. J Trop Pediatric. 2013;59(6):514-5.
MDP / Certificate Course / TRAININGS ORGANIZED
- Revitalizing the Health and well-being – cofit-19
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- “ICN2021 Preparation committee Award for Poster Presentation” for best poster presentation at the Asian Congress of Nutrition-2015, Yokohama, Japan
- “Urakami Foundation travel Award” for substantial contribution in the field of Nutrition at at the Asian Congress of Nutrition-2015, Yokohama, Japan
- Life Member of Indian Dietetic Association, Delhi Branch
PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES (SESSION CHAIR/PAPER PRESENTOR)- (Latest three)
- 1. Vijay J and Sharma S. Iodine Nutritional Status amongst Pregnant Mothers residing in a district with poor socio-economic status in Rajasthan state, India. Poster presentation delivered at Second International NIN Centenary Conference, National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad, November, 2018.
- Vijay J and Sharma S. Nourishing, antioxidant and Product Development Potential of Amaranthus cruentus (Amaranth Grain, Chauli)”. Poster presentation delivered at the National Conference “Prevention and Management of Non-Communicable Diseases”, IIS University, Jaipur, Rajasthan, January, 2016.
- Vijay J and Sharma S. Micronutrient Sprinkles intervention improved growth of Indian Children Aged 6-18 months. Poster presentation delivered at the Asian Congress of Nutrition-2015, Yokohama, Japan, May, 2015.
- Vijay J and Sharma S. Impact of micronutrient Sprinkles on weight and height of children aged 6-36 months in Tonk District of Rajasthan State. Oral presentation delivered at the 2nd International workshop on Micronutrients and Child Health (MCHWS-2014), AIIMS, New Delhi, November, 2014.
|EDUCATION||COURSE / DEGREE||YEAR||INSTITUTION|
|HIGHEST QUALIFICATION||Ph.D., Food Science & Nutrition||2018||Banasthali Vidyapith|
|MASTERS||M.Sc., Food Science & Nutrition||2010||University of Rajasthan|
|GRADUATION||B.Sc., Home Science||2008||Maharani college, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur|
|ANY OTHER FELLOWSHIPS||Senior Research Fellowship||2014-16||ICMR, New Delhi|
|CERTIFICATIONS||“11th International Course in Nutrition Research Methods” |
Bangalore Boston Nutrition Collaborative (BBNC)
|2020||St. Johns Research Institute, Tufts University, Harvard School of Public Health|