(Approved by AICTE; Accredited by NBA, NABET and AIU)
IIHMR Bangalore, South Campus of IIHMR Group is a premier Institution in health care management research and postgraduate education in hospital, health and health IT management. IIHMR has a strong network and collaboration with national and international organizations and industries.
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
IIHMR Bangalore will be working as Technical partner to UNICEF to Accelerate Promotion of COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviours (CAB) for the State of Karnataka, in view of it, we call applications for the following positions:
|Sl No||Position||Job Description|
|1||State Co-Ordinator||JD_State Project Coordnator|
|2||Monitoring and Evaluation officer||JD_M & E Officer|
|3||Regional Co-Ordinator||JD_Regional Coordinator|
|4||District Co-Ordinator||JD_District SBCC Coordinator|
1. Position: Professor/Associate Professor
Subject: Health Management (Public Health)
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Public Health/ PSM/ Community Medicine) or PhD (Public Health/Health Systems)
Subject: Hospital Management
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Hospital Administration)/MHA/MBA (Hospital Administration, PhD preferred)
2. Position: Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
Subject: Pharmaceutical Management
Qualification: M.Pharm (Pharmacology)/Pharm D and PhD (Pharmaceutical Sc. or other relevant areas)
3. Position: Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
Subject: Health IT Management
Qualification: B. Tech/ MBA (Heath IT), PhD in Healthcare Technology and other relevant areas.
1. Teaching: As a senior faculty, he/she is involved in teaching, guiding, and mentoring students.
• Be a role model to junior faculty members/academic administration/research teams, guide, and mentor them to promote best teaching-learning practices.
• Should lead for designing of pedagogy, suggest textbook and reference books; develop course material/ cases, teach, invigilate during the exams, and evaluate students by involving in the examination process.
• Be actively involved in creating industry match to curriculum/course delivery.
2. Research Projects:
• Conceptualize, plan, design and conduct research in health systems management and services – fundamental research and sponsored research projects.
• Write proposals for grants in critical areas of health service development.
• Implementing research projects by participating in field visits, supervise data collection, analysis; prepare report and Dissemination research findings.
• Network with various organizations/Universities for mobilizing project funds, collaborative programs, cooperation agreements for strategic partnerships.
• Publications in the area of expertise – peer-reviewed articles, media publications, blogs, white papers, working papers etc.
• Identify the need of In-house Training at various organizations; develop a team and organize the training in collaboration with Training/L & D Dean under the guidance of the Director.
• Offer both In-house and open-house Training Programs in the areas related to public health, management, research, hospitals etc.
• Plan/Conceptualize and conduct Management Development Programs (MDPs) during the year in consultation with the Director and also in facilitating marketing activities like identifying the target group, designing the brochure, publicizing in your network groups, involving in academic administration like preparation of course material, schedule for the Program, Identifying and inviting the Resource Persons and related activities.
4. Institutional Development:
• Faculty has to participate in institutional development as a part of decentralized management through various administrative and management mechanisms. The delegation of the responsibilities into various Committees will be done by the Director and reporting through the Chairperson of the Committees.
• Contribute in planning/organizing/leading departmental functions of Academics/Training/Research/ Administration
• Lead and coach various internal faculty/staff as well as a student body for professional development.
5. Self Development:
• Constantly strive for professional development through several avenues: Professional Memberships, participation/organizing seminars/conferences/workshops/training programs by presenting papers, publishing research articles in Journals, writing Working Papers
• Personal development in the areas of special interests is encouraged.
• Interacting with Industry and solving their problems in a professional way.
7. Industry Research:
• Investigating market/industry trends
• Analyzing published data and statistics
• Evaluating past performance of a Training, Project or Consultancy
• Assessing future trends
• Commissioning surveys
• At least 55% marks in postgraduation education.
• Minimum 8-10 years Post Graduate Teaching/ Research/ Industry experience of which at least 5 years post Ph.D./MD teaching experience at Associate and Assistant level for Professor and Associate Professor positions respectively.
• Post MD or Ph.D scientific publications and guiding students are highly desirable.
• Strong network and liaison with government departments, Industries and funding agencies.
• Ability to work well under pressure and in a decentralized environment.
• A willingness to be hands-on in terms of analyses or problem-solving.
• Flexibility, a very good work-ethic, high level of integrity.
• After joining at IIHMR Bangalore, faculty may be given additional responsibility as Faculty-in-charge of specific areas of educational and research programs, hence candidates having experience of Academic Administration / Accreditation / Consulting would be preferred.
Remuneration: Right attitude matters; No bar for deserving candidates
Interested candidates may send their applications along with an updated CV addressed to
319, Near Thimmareddy Layout, Hulimangala,
Electronic City, Phase-1,
Bangalore – 560105, Contact- 080 –61133800.
For any inquiry, please call on – 080-6113 3800 between office hours (9:30 AM to 5:30 PM)