(Approved by AICTE; Accredited by NBA, NABET and AIU)
IIHMR Bangalore, South Campus of IIHMR Group is a premier Institution in health care management research and postgraduate education in hospital, health and health IT management. IIHMR has a strong network and collaboration with national and international organizations and industries.Web: www.iihmrbangalore.edu.in or an email with a subject mentioning at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any inquiry, please call on – 080-6113 3800 between office hours (9:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
Job description of vacancies at IIHMR Bangalore :
Role of the Faculty at IIHMR
The role of the faculty in IIHMR Institutes is crucial. They play important role in institution building, creating image and nurturing the young professionals. Following are the critical roles/responsibilities of the faculty:
1 . Research
- Conceptualize, plan, design and conduct research in health systems management and services.
- Write proposals for grants implement research projects and supervise data collection, analysis and prepare report.
- Dissemination of research findings, research projects based on Individual interest/subject expertise.
- Network with the donor agencies, Health, and other related departments.
- Teaching courses is a critical responsibility of the faculty. The faculty is assigned courses. They plan, design pedagogy, develop course material, teach, and evaluate students.
- Mentoring Students in STP and Dissertation. A joint publication with student (research articles/case study) is highly desirable.
- Design & Development elective courses which addresses the needs of the current Health Sector scenario.
- Identify the need of In-house Training at various organizations; develop a team and organize the training in the guidance of the Director.
- Offer both In-house and open-house Training Programs in the areas related to elective courses, management, research, hospitals etc.
- Plan and conduct Management Development Programs (MDPs) during the year in consultation with the Director and also in facilitating marketing activities like identifying the target group, designing the brochure, publicizing in your network groups, involving in academic administration like preparation of course material, schedule for the Program, Identifying and Inviting the Resource Persons, fixing their honorarium.
- Interacting with Industry and solving their problems in a professional way.
- Institutional Consultancy
- Individual Consultancy
(Organization Development, Market research, Data Analytics, Strategy &Implementations)
5. Institutional Development
- Faculty participates in the institutional activities as a part of decentralized management and delegation of the responsibilities like Admission, Placements, networking, Administration, Conferences, Seminars, Accreditation, Quality improvement programs etc.
- Standard Scientific journals, paper presentation, magazines/ other media.
7. Networking with the health systems and clients
8. Nurturing junior colleagues
- To involve them in work assignments and projects
- Sharing the responsibility
- Providing developmental work experiences
- Keeping motivation and morale high
- Hold membership in Professional association.
- Continuing Higher Education – PhD if not already completed.
1) Proactively coordinate and provide necessary support to research projects of the organization.
2) Ensure high quality research work including developing studies, research instruments, analysis plan and reports
3) Carry out documentation- research update reports, technical briefs, and research articles
4) Identifying prospective research opportunities to apply for from the different resources.
5) Develop research proposals and literature review
6) Coordinate and supervise the internal teams as well as external agencies and consultants hired for any survey, research, and evaluation assignments.
7) Development of research tools & modules for training of field investigators/enumerators and train them
8) Ensure quality, integrity and efficiency of data collection, validation and analysis and information in reports
9) Carry out data Analysis & report writing
10) Involve in Institutional academic/training activities on ad-hoc basis
• Master’s in Public Health (MPH)/ Master of Social Work (MSW)/Master of Health Administration (MHA) and relevant qualification.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in health sector.
• Fluency in English, Fluency in Kannada- reading, writing, speaking mandatory
• Flexibility to travel for field processes (even on a short notice)
• Knowledge and experience of both qualitative and quantitative methods of research
• Excellent computer skills – word, excel, power point; working knowledge & experience in using statistical software like SPSS/ EPI info or other quantitative and qualitative analytical package is required
• Excellent analytical and writing skills & demonstrated use of them
• Training & facilitation skills.
• Experience of coordinating research teams.
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience and qualification. Negotiable.