Internship Programme at IIHMR Bangalore
The IIHMR- Bangalore Internship Programme is ideal for high achieving college students and graduates interested in building their skills and competency in the areas of Hospital Management, Public Health, Health IT and Pharmaceutical Management areas.
Our faculty would guide through –
- Providing exposure to real-life opportunities
- Guiding to opportunities for growth
- Inculcating leadership qualities
- Research as an integral part of healthcare programmes
- Critical Reasoning and Teamwork
The internship program at the IIHMR- Bangalore is designed to offer excellent exposure to students and working professionals from varied academic and professional backgrounds in healthcare, hospital management, public health and the social sciences. It is an opportunity for confident and motivated individuals to transform their passion into results and become a part of our effort to overcome various intellectual and development challenges. International Students looking for challenging opportunities for practicum and grass-root level exposure are also encouraged to apply.
Who can apply:
In keeping with our vision, we encourage people with diverse backgrounds be it healthcare management, research, social sciences and related backgrounds (graduates of MSW, MPH, Hospital Management, Public Health, Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Logistics, Demography, etc.) to apply for internships at our organization.
- The design of an internship program depends on both the mutual interest and skill areas of the interns as well as the requirements of the organization.
- This is an intensive engagement and no stipend is offered.
- The incidental costs pertaining to the assignment may be covered.
- The internship program is open throughout the year.
- The minimum internship duration is one month.
- International students are eligible to apply through proper channel.
*Public Health/Hospital Management/Social Science degree holders aspiring careers in the health sector (Beginners/Career Advancement/Career Shift) can also apply for Paid Internships based on conditional availability of suitable project work at IIHMR B.
To apply for internship and understand the selection process you can send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship Programme Features:
- Orientation Institute and Departments, Internship work and responsibilities
- Course work (No fees) Offer a course work designed as per Intern background and study area (Equivalent to 1 Credit)
- Exposure visits to our project sites.
- Interns supporting IIHMR Project work/s data entry, analysis, documentation, organizing community mobilization events, etc.
- Own Project work Deliverables synopsis, tools, data files, data analysis, final report and PPT. Their
- The faculty mentor is allocated at the beginning and the Internship plan is finalized aligned to requirements of Intern College/Institution.
- The project is evaluated based on report and presentation by a team of Faculty.
|Name of the Student||University/College||Topic of Research||Faculty Mentor||Duration|
|Preeti Ankush Bhople||New Horizon College of Engineering||Introduction to Medical Facilities||Dr. Allen P Ugargol||06th Jan 2020 to 10th June 2020|
|Ms Chitralekha Narayan||University of Madras||Models of Home Healthcare and People's|
|Dr Sarala R||01st July 2019-02nd Aug 2019|
|Ms Josien van der Kooij||University of Maastricht||Undernutrition Thesis||Dr. Usha Manjunath||13th May 2019 - 15th Aug 2019|
|Dr. Rhiannon Lalrempui||Ashwini Ayurvedic Medical College and Research Centre||Communicable & non- communicable diseases, childhood diseases and injurie, risk behaviour and health behaviour||Dr. Usha Manjunath||08th April 2019 - 08th July 2019|
|Ms Merry Samji Philip||Karunya Institute of Technology and Science||Identification of Pain Areas of Using HMIs in Hospitals||Prof. Kanagaraj||15 May 2019 - 25th June 2019|
|Ms Anugraha George||Karunya Institute of Technology and Science||Identification of Pain Areas of Using HMIs in Hospitals.||Prof. Kanagaraj||15 May 2019 - 25th June 2019|
|Mr Yogesh||SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kanchipuram, TN.||Men involvement in maternal health||Dr. Sarala R.||14th Jan 2019- 31st May 2018|
|Ms Meera||SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kanchipuram, TN||Utilization of postnatal care in ST women at Tamil Nadu||Dr. Sarala R||14th Jan 2019- 31st May 2018|
|Mr Rajendra Kumar Barik||SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kanchipuram, TN.||Dietary practice and nutritional status among school going children, urban slums at Maya bazar Bangalore.||Dr. Sarala R.||14th Jan 2019- 31st May 2018|
|Ms. Stephymol George||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala||Child Injury||Dr. Sarala R||16th July 2018- 27th Sep 2018|
|Mr. Jitu Saji||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala||Tobacco use in IT Professionals||Dr. Usha Manjunath||16th July 2018- 27th Sep 2018|
|Ms. Sruthy K.B||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala||KAP study on Cervical cancer among college going girls||Dr. Usha Manjunath||16th July 2018- 27th Sep 2018|
|Dr. Mythrishree||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Family Planning||Dr. Sarala R||2nd June 2018- 4th July 2018|
|Dr. Sphoorthi Narasimhan||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||MCH Scheme||Dr. Sarala R||2nd June 2018- 4th July 2018|
|Mr. Manpreet Singh Mavi||Punjab University, Chandigarh||Study on alcohol and drugs consumption amongst youth in Amritsar.||Dr. Anil Sood||7th June 2018- 7th July 2018|
|Mr. Sandeep Singh||Punjab University, Chandigarh||Study on alcohol and drugs consumption amongst youth in Amritsar.||Dr. Anil Sood||7th June 2018- 7th July 2018|
|Mr. Prakash S.MPH||J.N. Medical College||Behavioural change communication||Dr. Sarala R||1st April 2018- 30th May 2018|